Tips to Help!
Now you can help Nurses for Newborns and the babies and families we serve!
With Friends & Family:
Get your friends and family involved! Check our website's wishlist!
Host an event like these:
- A baby shower for our babies!
- A tea party and ask your guests (children or adults) to bring a gift for our babies!
- A dinner party, a barbeque, a bridge club party, bunco or other party and ask your guests
to bring baby supplies or food for our babies and families.
- Purchase a baby item each week when you shop.
- Ask guests to bring baby supplies instead of gifts to your birthday party or bar/bat
- Buy baby items "on sale", or shop garage sales.
- Use Schnucks or other eScrip cards when you purchase groceries. (The store then donates
to Nurses for Newborns.)
- Make cash donations to Nurses for Newborn in honor (or in memory) of a special person.
In the Community:
Get your co-workers, people at your place of worship, or club members involved! Here are some
Available for you:
- Set up a crib to collect donations of baby items for 1 month.
- Create a challenge between classes, clubs, service groups, or departments to bring in the
most baby food, diapers, or other supplies for our babies. Provide a prize for the winning
- Bring the winning group to Nurses for Newborns to deliver the items and receive a tour.
- Display baby pictures or pet pictures with your group. Charge a fee to vote for the cutest
photo and donate the money collected to help our babies and families.
- Organize a "jeans day" and ask those who wear jeans to make a donation to support us.
- Engage the energy of children! Get Scouts, church groups, service clubs and other kids
groups to organize a scavenger hunt, a car wash, a sponsored walk, or a lemonade or
cocoa stand to raise funds to support our programs.
- Ask your community group to donate the proceeds of their golf tournament, trivia night
or auction to support our programs.
- Encourage your company to "adopt" Nurses for Newborns as their charity of choice.
Telling people that you are involved with Nurses for Newborns may be all it takes to spark a new
way of helping! Please remember to praise all efforts made and heap on the thanks! Let us know
about new ideas that we can share with others! Remember that it's only by working together that
we can make a difference! Thank you so much!
- A speaker from our office at your group event or project.
- A video about Nurses for Newborns' programs for your group to watch.
- Brochures to hand out about the services we provide.
In Missouri: Call Claire Devoto, Director of Development, at (314) 544-3433
In Tennessee: Call Pat Lane at (615) 313-9989